Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Helpers

I sent Olivia down to get a load of laundry out of the dryer this afternoon, and she immediately asked Mimi to help her. After seeing them out the apartment door with an enormous laundry basket, I decided that this was probably photo appropriate, and sent John after them to document their first solo excursion to the laundry room.
It looks like they got everything out safely. Then this is how Livi tells the story. "I was a tiny bit worried that all the clothes were going to fall out of the basket when I pulled it up the stairs, and so I told Mimi to hold the other side."
"Then I had a great idea. [Tune in, folks, her tone of voice indicates this is revolutionary.] I said, 'Mimi, if a cloe [singular of the plural "clothes"] falls out, you pick it up and put it back in.'"

Absolute genius. She was so incredibly proud of this "great idea" I didn't have the heart to tell her that someone else has probably thought it up before her, and it's almost certainly not patentable.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

I love it. Your girls always make me laugh. We'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow! Hopefully we'll see you before you move, Toledo won't be the same without the Wells girls.

mags said...

I check your blog at least twice a day. it is like a little window into emilee, it is almost like being nieghbors. you should seriously write something em, this story was so entertaining!

Keriann said...

That is awesome! I have that same color of laundry basket! Small world. Good luck with Match Day today!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! And don't your dare squash her inventive mind! She may just come up with an amazing idea someday!!!! I do like how she had Mimi do her grunt work, though... girl after my own heart... "have someone smaller do the annoying stuff!"
April

Story Family said...

You have trained them well. Really, it was inspirational and a bit motivational as well. Weston and Seth do the laundry, too....NOT! But never fear, they are still young yet....