Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm glowing. It's HAPPENING!

(This post is written by my darling newest sister-in-law, Kasey Jean Wheeler Anderson, whom we met for the second time this past weekend. She and my brother Rob came to visit Chicago and South Bend, and it was delightfully fun. I've stolen this from my family's blog because a)it's always nice to get a new perspective (especially about my own kids), b) Kasey wrote it up better than I ever could, and c) I still haven't pulled my act together since our little trip to Utah. I'll be blogging again soon.)

This past weekend Rob and I flew to Chicago to visit his favorite city, and his favorite little girls. Best weekend ever.

Rob convinced me to pack all of my stuff for 4 days in one backpack.

You can see how well that went over.

We wandered around Chicago a little bit until we met up with the party van. (Editor's Note: Rob guided me through the South Side of Chicago into downtown when I got lost on the way to pick them up. The maps capability of the iPhone made me a believer.) We headed over to the Museum of Science and Industry. Eye spy, trains, baby chicks...and as Mimi would say, "So much fweakin fun!"




Then it was time for Chicago's stuffed crust pizza (which was incredible). It took about an hour for our pizza to come and in the mean time we had quite the group. It came down to the girls licking seasonings off their plates with a little bit of parmesean, pizza sauce, and the occasional crushed cracker. Mimi decided she was concoting a potion, when I asked what kind of potion she said it was a Pineapple potion that apparently turned you into a princess. A few seconds later she says, "I'm glowing...it's HAPPENING!" SO classic.

Over in her highchair, Bella was determined to reach satiation. She was going to take matters into her own hands, literally, and just lick every last morsel from her plate. And it's not like we're going to stop her, it was fweaking hilarious.

Mimi and Livi were withering away with their lack of food asking over and over, "are we going to get our food OR WHAT?!" "Or what" was the phrase of the weekend, as it was tacked onto every sentence where it would fit. "Are we going to watch a movie, or what?" "Aunt Kasey, you been wearing dose eawings (earrings) all week, do you have any oder eawings or what?!" And my personal favorite, "Can we have some more orange pumpkin head, OR WHAT!?" (Rob bought a rice crispy treat covered in melted candy corn).




And it was cold and rainy the whole weekend, but what is a little rain amongst munchkins?



...and who's to say rain and mud would stop us from apple picking?






And to celebrate John's Birthday, and a little early Halloween fun...a party. Complete with ghost bowling, pin the nose on the Jack-O-Lantern, and John dressed as a Shaman. Awesome.

(Of course, skinny-minny Kasey fit into the size 6--CHILD'S--ladybug costume. Rob was perfect as Flik from A Bug's Life.)



I would say that you can't tell how much fun we were having by the pictures...but I think they did the weekend justice.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kasey seems like a delightful addition to your family. Looks like a great weekend. I miss those little girls of yours. "I'm glowing..." I love it!

Sara said...

So fun! What a treat. Hooray for visitors.

Annie said...

That picture of Rob getting a pump by Olivia makes me die laughing. That's hilarious.

Jake said...

Wow I'm impressed. They come to visit, they play with the kids and you even got them to write a post that you could have claimed as your own. That's good family right there.

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Great post, what fun!

chandelier said...

You have a great blog.