Inspired by this SNL monologue from Taylor Swift, (Seriously, people, if you have four minutes to spare, you should watch it. Even if you have only a smidge of pop culture love in your soul, it's worth it.) and horrified by the fact that I have not blogged in nearly a month, I have decided to write about all the things this post is NOT about.
* I'm not going to post about the tremendous amount of vomit my smallest child has produced over the last three weeks. This is for two reasons. #1) It wouldn't be fair to brag about her prodigious ability to puke when she has also been spewing amazingly in other ways, if you know what I mean. and #2) My dad and my husband, bless their teasing hearts, love to take any possible opportunity to share all the synonyms they know for "throw up" and in my weakened, I've-been-cleaning-up-barf-for-a-million-years condition, I just couldn't handle it.
* This post is not about the wonderful time we had in Utah over Christmas break. I won't talk about all the amazing fun we had with my entire family (EVERYONE made it) at the Fish Lake cabin, sledding and ice fishing and eating, eating, eating for a week. I also won't mention that it was wonderful to stay with John's family for a few days after that, seeing Chris and Krista and their darling kids.
* This post is certainly not a 2009 "wrap-up", hitting our year's highlights and favorites. I know I've done that every year, and I mean to do it again, but I'm just not doing it now.
* I don't want to write this post about how little Olivia, with all her rule-following self, gave herself a haircut BEFORE asking politely if she was allowed to cut her own hair. That was also, obviously, before she received the answer of a definite "No" from her mother. I won't be posting pictures here of the salvage job that Kelly did, repairing Olivia's "trim," but if I were to post pictures, you would see that her poor decision has led to an unfairly cute little bob. I don't think she's learned her lesson.
* I'm not posting about "Crazy Hat Day" that we attended at Chik-Fil-A today, with homemade hats on our head and free chicken sandwiches in our stomachs. It was fun to meet our friends there and delicious to have such a treat, but I'm not writing about it.
* This post is also not to share one of my other sweet Taylor Swift finds, "Firelight." If I were to write about it, I would mention that I am not a "Twilight" fan, having read only the first book and not having seen any of the movies, but I still think I would find it funny if I was. I would also write that you would be surprised how quotable this piece of dialogue from the segment is:
Phillip: "Say it. Out Loud."
Stella [biting her lip]: Frankenstein.
It really can find its way into nearly every snatch of conversation.
* And even though it seems like it, this post is actually not an Ode to Hulu. That would be a great post, but that's just not what this post is about.