I grew up in a small town. A very small town. And it was fairly close to a very small ski resort. Very, very small. So that's where I learned to ski. It's a lovely place--not terribly busy with a complete view of the lift and runs from the picnic tables in front of the lodge--and I wanted my kids to experience it. So yesterday, we did. Here are some highlights:
1) 20 people on the slopes. No lift lines. Each of us probably got 30 runs in. The snow was great, too. Perfectly packed with very few icy spots.
2) We decided (since Hesperus has a great lift ticket/rental/lessons package) to let Bella try her luck at the sport. She looked like a mini X-games athlete, with her quirky hat, her coat unzipped, and her helmet askew. She spent most of her lessons making snow angels and throwing snowballs at the instructor, so I thought she'd be done after the morning. Not so. This child is a demon on skis.
12) This next video is Bella at her best.
13) This one is Bella's last run. You have to watch for a bit before she comes into view. She biffs it at the end, so it's definitely worth it.
14) And this one is my favorite, with Big G helping Bella along. She would just hang from one arm and let him pull her along. It appears she might be resentful, but I swear to you she was absolutely delighted with her situation all day long. (Who wouldn't be with Big G ready to take you anywhere you want to go?)