Saturday, April 5, 2008

My New House!

Here is my new house! (Well, almost my new house. Our offer has been accepted, and if the inspection goes well--there we are!) Isn't it lovely? And huge? I feel like my expectations were exceeded so incredibly that I'm being greedy. It is certainly an embarrassment of riches to have a four (4!!) bedroom house with two-and-a-half (2-1/2!!!!) bathrooms all to my own little family, especially considering this home has FOUR times the square footage of my current apartment.
Here is my entryway. (Why is this underlined? I don't know.)
Here is my dining room. (I guess, technically, all these rooms belong to both John and I. However, "my" carries my enthusiasm a little further.)
Here is the master bath. (Master bath!!) It has a shower--a shower that I will only have to share with John. And I won't have to move any tub toys. I'm so excited!
Here is the basement. It is currently decorated to reflect the owner's rabid interest in Notre Dame football. I have nothing against this, but it will probably look differently when I am done. For one, I have only one couch and one table, and there are other rooms that will take priority in the distribution of those rare and valuable pieces of furniture.

I love the house. I love the neighborhood. It is only 3/4 of a mile from Olivia's elementary school (which is a fabulous school with HALF-DAY kindergarten), and our house is right on the edge of the neighborhood before all the houses get ENORMOUS. So, I don't think our property values will go down. I am so happy and so incredibly blessed. Can you hear my sigh of contentment from clear over there?

24 comments:

Kenna said...

Looks great, Emilee (and John). You deserve a big house after living in your tiny apartment for four years. I am so happy for you!

Beth said...

Wow, your enthusiasm is contagious! We are thrilled for you. It looks beautiful and you deserve every square inch! Congrats.

Kent and Leisy said...

a big fat congrats! I love it.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I'm so excited for you! I love the green roof. I also think the wood floor in the dining room looks beautiful. You'll have to take 'before' and 'after' pictures so I can see how things like the Notre Dame room have changed. :)

dockters said...

Wow...homeowners!!! Congrats! It looks amazing...and huge! We are excited for you guys!

Story Family said...

What a beautiful home! It looks so great and sounds just about perfect. Way to go! I am THRILLED for you! And jealous of half-day kindergarten. I wish....
GOOD WORK!! When will you move in?

Denise said...

I love it!!! Congrats! Sounds like you'll be in the perfect neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emilee... I love it! Please don't forget to invite those OLD friends from Toledo (McClure) when you're moved in! It's beautiful! And a YARD!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys... oh, the joy of home ownership! CONGRATULATIONS! And Positive vibes for a great inspection...... If you need help packin' up... give us a call! I'm so, so, happy for you guys!

mags said...

Sionara apartment living! LOVE The white and green, it is so awesome. You just need the black horse fences they have in Kentucky and it would be a regular country manor! I am so happy for you, and I am sure with your talents, that notre dame decor will be put to shame.

mags said...

ps that big tree is screaming for a tire swing!

Kate said...

HOORAY!!!! I love it. That style of home is just so perfect. We can't find anything like it in AZ. I just showed the pics to Quinten, and to put it mildly, he's a little jealous. He really misses the midwest. I'm SO happy for you!

adventure knitter said...

wow! sounds amazing! I would do almost anything to have my own master bath again....(sigh).

Lyndsay said...

Love the house! I'm so glad that the girls (all 4 of them) will have lots of room to play!
Emilee, I'm also particularly impressed with your resoluteness with house buying!

Jill Lau said...

How exciting. The house looks great. 4 bedrooms....that is awesome. What a fun move you have coming up. I always think it's fun moving all your stuff into a new place and making it a home.

Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie said...

Bless you for making it four years in that tiny apartment. The house looks absolutely perfect. How fun for you guys. We are so excited for you - and yet we are going to miss your family so much. Yippee a house at last.

Cynthia said...

Yeah for four bedrooms and three bathrooms! Congrats!!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you. I am looking forward to having a house sometime!

Renae said...

Emilee, first of all, I love the house and hope there are no hidden surprises (bad ones) and soon you'll get your house! That's great.
Thank you sooo much for taking Zach all day for us. I hope you're feeling well these days too. :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Emilee! You get to live at Green Gables!! I'm so jealous!

Shelly and Ken said...

How exciting! You are going to love having a little more space. Trust me, having a little more space for the kids to play and run around is a real sanity saver.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love it! It will feel so nice to spread out a little bit. Yea!

annie said...

Emilee,
Hey you guys, we are so excited for you, your little girls are precious and you guys look great, good luck with intern year, if anyone deserves awesome space its you guys!

Rindi said...

Wow, I'm speechless! I am so happy for you. I can't believe all of the choices you had and what a wonderful and big house you got! You guys will have so much fun there. Having my own home and yard has been an absolute joy all around! We love it. You guys are so lucky and have so much to look forward to. Good luck!

brittani c. said...

Your house is beautiful! It will be even more beautiful with your personal touch. :)