Friday, April 25, 2008

Things I Am Going to Miss About Toledo, Part II: Free Internet

In posting this, I feel somewhat embarrassed. For the past three-and-a-half years, this is how we have connected to the internet. The little cable is a wireless antenna. It helps us pick up the public wireless signal from the medical school. I don't feel guilty, since John is a medical student, and the signal is for the use of students, but I feel a little (all right--WAY) on the cheap side to admit our willingness to work this hard to get free internet. It's fast, when it works at all, and it is quite susceptible to the vagaries of the weather, but it's free. And now I'm going to have to start paying an internet bill. So very, very sad.

3 comments:

brittani c. said...

I love your creativity of making the most use of medical student tuition. If only we were able to pick up a reception....

Kent and Leisy said...

be proud that you're thrify. I call it thrifty- cheap sounds so trashy :)

mags said...

Ahhh the free internet trick. We too employed it in dental school!