Sunday, June 14, 2009

What to wear, what to wear. . .

You know, I have my fair share of dilemmas in the closet, trying to figure out which combination of blouses, skirts, trousers, dresses, shoes, and accessories I should wear to any given event. (Sidenote: Maybe I want a uniform? I tease my mom that when she finds something she likes, she buys 10--one in each color, but maybe that's a good idea? ) However, my girls have no such indecisiveness. When they were told we were going to a reception, further defined as a "wedding party", they immediately arrived at these outfits.Flower girl dresses from my brother Dave's wedding, tiaras from Aunt Rebekah, and veils (Mimi's being an actual dress-up veil, Olivia's being a dancing skirt doing veil duty).
They were a hit. The bride, delightful Amanda Standiford-Johnson, exclaimed perfectly at their loveliness, thrilling my girls to no end. ("Olivia, the marry-girl talked to me.") And I've long given up my embarrassment at being accompanied by "beautiful" outfits to anywhere but church.

5 comments:

Outlandish McCandlish said...

They are the best...where was Belle in her dress ups?

Andrea said...

Too cute! You've got to love girls. They certainly have style!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Oh, so perfect! Such glamorous little girls! I love that they put on veils.

Amanda and Chris said...

They were so cute. I was so happy that they came in their "proper wedding party attire"! I have a picture of me talking to them that I'll have to give to you. Thank you so much for coming!

Lyle said...

John, when did you start wearing dresses? And do you and Emilee share, or each have your own wardrobe?