Thursday, October 28, 2010

And she looks like this now.

Those tiny baby pictures in the last post almost made me wish I had that tiny baby back.  But this baby is much happier.  And now that she's two months old, the next time she comes down with a fever, we won't end up in the emergency room getting her urine cathed and blood drawn and chest x-rayed (and talking the ER doc out of a lumbar puncture).  I never before realized how lucky I was to keep my babies healthy for at least the first 60 days.  (She's good now.  It's just hard to keep all those school germs away from the babies.)
 She even smiles.  Well, every so often.  (And her real smile is much more charming and eye-involving and grin-like than this enigmatic smirk.  But sometimes you can only catch the enigmatic smirk on camera and just have to imagine the delightful grin.)
 How does she compare to my other babies?  Well, this Angry Pea is Bella, who rarely cried.  And Maddie cries any time she remembers that she and I have an agreement that she is never EVER to be put down.
 And this is what my Bella really looked like at two months.  Happy all the time.  (Except when dressed as a pea.)  (But do these two girls have the same eyes?  Madeline's are blue, and Bella's are brown, but they have the same shape, yes?)
 And this is the cutest picture I have of Naomi at two months.  (Washcloths for modesty.)

 Most of the pictures look like this one below.  I think her attractiveness was actually somewhere between those two pictures.  Not as cute as the one above, not as frog-like as the one below.  (You know, I really don't ever see it when people tell me that they can "sure tell which kids belong to you."  But looking at these pictures. . . hmmmm. . . there's definitely something they have in common.)
 This is Olivia.  My sweet little bald baby.  Oh, give me a moment to cry about how big she's gotten.

 Moment over.  I actually think she's a lot of fun as a seven-year old, so I won't mourn too long.  (But that round, round head?  And that sweet smile?  I really wish I could kiss that baby one more time.)

What do you think?  Who does baby Maddie look like?  (And I know it's not me.  *Sigh.*  I'm resigned to the fact that the Wells genes are absolutely dominant in the facial features category.  Good thing I married someone who is handsome as a man but also looks darling as a little girl.  :)  

1 comment:

adventure knitter said...

My kids don't look like me either (we can cry about it together!). But I DO remember that sweet little bald Olivia! I showed Tyler a picture of her on your blog recently and said "remember how you used to play w/ her as a baby during sunday school?"