Monday, December 5, 2011

Lucky Number Seven!

We started Naomi's birthday with an idea I found somewhere on the blogosphere, running through the crepe paper barrier.


She loved it.  (Please ignore the honest pictures of the messy room.)

My sister Annie joined us for polka-dotted presents and hamburgers, Naomi's favorite.
We followed up with a teeny-tiny party.  This is quite possibly the easiest birthday party theme on the planet.  Make teeny tiny food, turn traditional party games (bingo, pin the tail on the donkey, don't eat pete, treasure hunt, bowling, etc.) into their teeny-tiny counterparts, and send out teeny tiny invitations.  Perfect. 


 I used the three ounce cups from Wal-Mart and cut regular straws into teeny-tiny straws.  Buying mini vanilla wafers and mini Chips Ahoy cookies saved me tons of time, and the kids loved it.
 I wish I had taken video of ten kids (including five boys) in my teeny-tiny house for the two hours of the party.  I laughed nearly constantly over the chaos.  I always thought I'd be a boy mom, but it turns out I have forgotten how crazy boy parties can be.  Whew!

So, Happy Birthday, my favorite second child.  I can't believe you've grown from this. . .
. . .to this. . .

. . . to this. . .

. . . to this . . .
. . . to this.

4 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I LOVE that Mimi invited boys! Of course there are boys out there worthy of a girls Birthday Party.

Sara said...

Mimikins! We love you! I hope you wear those beautiful nails when you come to see me this week. :)

dtravelbug said...

Happy Birthday, Mimo!! <3

Outlandish McCandlish said...

Aw. I miss my little baby Mimi, who used to cry and cry, then I would hold her, rock from side to side. We still call Galvin Dragon too =D