Monday, October 20, 2008

Boden Mystery

The most delightful thing happened to me today. When Olivia walked in the door from school, she was holding an armful of mail. (Isn't she wonderful? She picks up the mail on the way in from the bus.) A polka-dot package was conspicuously exciting (I love packages), and upon closer inspection, I exclaimed, "I think that says Boden!" I racked my brain. Had I ordered something from Boden? I love Boden. I have publicly declared my love for Boden, and I would certainly have remembered ordering something.
Upon opening the package, I discovered this:And this:
(Not the babies, but the coat and the t-shirt.) Are these not among the cutest things ever seen on the face of the earth. And won't my Bella look adorable in a few months?
However, there is a little mystery. The articles above were addressed only to "Bella Boo Baby Wells" with no indication of the kind sender. None. I want to thank this delightful person, or persons, but I don't know where to direct my squeals of delight. (ABSOLUTE delight). If you are out there, please let me know who you are.
On a side note: If you have a story you wish to share, please comment in the post below. You have until tomorrow.

8 comments:

Story Family said...

Holy Cuteness! You have one nice admirer, with awfully cute taste. What a delight to receive!

And that mouse story on your blogiversary post. That one ought to win (because, obviously, yours can't). But seriously--how disgusting! Gave me the shivers just reading about it. She's a hoot!

dockters said...

How darling!! What a fun, fun surprise!!!

Jenny and Jake said...

Emily, I checked out Boden after seeing your post, they have some great stuff! You have amazing taste:) How fun to get a surprise package!

mags said...

did not but wish i did. this cuteness almost makes me yearn for another baby girl...almost.

Elizabeth Reid said...

How fun for you! I love them, they are adorable. You'll have to post pictures of Bella once she starts wearing them.

Obviously whoever gave those to you read of your Boden love-affair. If that person is reading this, I would just like to mention that I love anything from Tiffany & Co.....

krista said...

Hey I am so glad you got our package! I was just talking to Chris yesterday saying, I wonder if the package we sent to Bella had our name on it? Then I thought today to look at your blog and voila! You got it! I am so glad you like it! Thanks for the hint of Boden! I have been trying to find something really cute because we love you all dearly and you always do such beautiful stuff for our babies!

Emilee said...

My goodness, everyone, do I not have the sweetest sister-in-law in the entire world. In the ENTIRE world. What a fantastic present, and I am delighted beyond delight! Thank you!

Logan said...

I was totally going to claim that I had sent the Boden package. Too late...but did I mention I was the one who suggested to Chris and Krista that someone should send you a Boden package?