Monday, November 10, 2008

Beauty Shop

I love to have my hair brushed. Is there anything more wonderful than having someone play softly with your hair? I submit that there is not. So, since I am quite the thinker, I have been training my girls for quite some time to comb and brush my hair.
I admit this has one (un)fortunate side effect. They aren't really content simply to brush. They must also "decorate". So, I often look like this.Last night, after an especially delightful session of beauty shop, I was both incredibly beautiful. . .
. . .and missing quite a hunk of hair from the back of my head. Every girl has to learn the lesson about twisting and curling a comb in hair. I learned the lesson in my own hair when I was probably 7 or 8. And someone else (we won't mention names, but she looks a little sheepish in the picture above) learned the lesson in my own hair last night.

Was the loss of the hair worth the 30 minutes of brushing?

Definitely.

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Who ever said "less is more?" They're TOTALLY wrong when it comes to the ribbon to hair ratio.

Bonnie said...

I must say you look beautiful! How fun!

Sara said...

Did it hurt so bad? I am much too wimpy to let someone else brush my hair.

I think the girls have a future in hair design!

Beth said...

I'm with you - totally worth it! I love how big your smile is. I'm sure when Livi looks back on this pick she will be glad to see how not mad mom was. You're awesome!

Cynthia said...

Definitely worth it!

Hair brushing is one of the perks of having girls.

Story Family said...

Em, you look dashing in both styles of bow-ery. You're girls are definitely talented and props for teaching them young in righteous ways. Kelsey's overdue to start pulling her fair share of mom-pleasing around here.

lauren said...

i love olivia trying to hide in that picture and your hair is so long and beautiful!

Denise said...

such cute pictures. You are a fun mom!! You look fab after baby #3 and Bella is so beautiful!

bec said...

incredibly beautiful is right. my mom used to pay us "all the money in her wallet" to play with her hair.

Jeff and Larissa said...

I agree with your friend Lyndsay about the hair to ribbon ratio. SO glam! I have got to get me a little girl.