I do have a picture of myself, lounging (well, really less lounging and more collapsed) in bed next to the Puke Bowl, (Doesn't every family have a Puke Bowl, necessary to capitalize?) but I decided in one of my saner moments, NOT to publish it on the web. "The pukes," as we call them around here (choosing our favorite of all the synonyms of vomit--what's your favorite?), have whirlwinded through our family, leaving only John unscathed. Yuck!
However, this being November, and me needing to get my "attitude of gratitude" into gear, I would like to share the things I am grateful for, even about the pukes:
1. It was John's day off when I first succombed to kneeling before the porcelain throne, and he cheerfully spent the time bonding with Baby Bella.
2. Both of my older girls know to try to make it to the toilet or the Puke Bowl, thus minimizing the mess.
3. Annabel never got really dehydrated, so we pulled through without a trip to the doctor (I HATE going to the doctor--ironic, isn't it?).
4. It only takes one (fairly intense) morning work session to clean the mess my children can create when unsupervised for an entire day.
5. We were all stocked up on yogurt and Gatorade (Meijer is having a great sale on Yoplait this week), so I used the Gatorade and the girls ate nothing but yogurt all day yesterday. Neither of us could have been happier.