We're here. It's crazy, so I'm going to use bullet points to post this concisely.
1. We interviewed in Casper, Wyoming on Monday. (We drove 12 hours on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. We found a teeny little branch along the way in Nebraska on Sunday, and among the 20 people in attendance, we found a connection. The world is tiny if you are Mormon.) I think Casper is not my favorite. That is all I will say.
2. We made it here late Monday night. My brother's apartment is darling, and his new wife is incredibly hospitable. Despite a misunderstanding (she thought we were coming Tuesday night), we slept like logs.
3. We ate at Los Hermanos yesterday (I love that place) and wandered BYU campus. The girls loved the Y on the mountain and all the little science exhibits in the Eyring Science Center. I felt like I was back home, and I kept looking down feeling like I must be with someone else's children because they certainly didn't belong there.
4. We spent the afternoon today up American Fork canyon. Oh. . . . the mountains. The mountains! The freezing, bitter wind tearing down the canyon and ripping through my coat. The snow with sunshine? And the mountains!!! The girls threw rock after rock into the Tipple Fork Reservoir, and their little cousin tried to do the same. We have pictures, but they are on John's brother's camera. I shall post them later.
7. I ordered some new prescription glasses from zennioptical.com. $8.00 total for frames and lenses. Can you believe it? I'll take a picture of me in my new sassy specs. I recommend it to everyone.