Monday, April 18, 2011

What I missed out on by having six brothers

 Family night tonight was a night for girly facials.  Avocado clay masks and cucumbers for eyes.
 Originally, I thought that Bella was way too young for his activity.  However, she surprised me.  She laid perfectly still and sober, desperately trying to prove how big she was.
 Olivia shunned the regulation spa headband for this avant garde shower cap.  She's been saving it from our last hotel trip for just the right occasion.
 Mimi kept delighting in how this was exactly something that Fancy Nancy would do.
 After I applied the mask to all my salon clientele, I joined them.  Don't we look fabulous?

 Just one of the fabulous things that happens when you have a house full of girls.

13 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my goodness gracious. Roosevelt cannot come soon enough for me. My face needs a facial!! And I need more of you girls in my life.

cowbell kelly said...

I'm impressed with Bella's grown-up-ness. Regardless of my age I would have a hard time holding still.

Also I love the group pic where everyone looks so very serious. Serious fun.

Pilltar said...

Do you mean that you would prefer pampering over some knock-down drag-outs. I though you enjoyed wrestling with Rob about barefeet on the TV.

adventure knitter said...

I think I really missed out doing this like that growing up with four brothers! Your girls are super lucky! I should do something like that with our girls!

Elizabeth Reid said...

LOVE IT! I'm guessing John was working that night? And I did the same thing when I was growing up--I always saved the hotel shower caps. Using them made me feel soooo grown up. :)

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Love it! Girliness rocks!

Shanda said...

I want to do this with my girls! THat looks like so much fun!

dusty and meag said...

so fun! I'm coming next time! I haven't had a facial in 5 years!

formatie petreceri said...

What a nice photos, i like them a lot. Seems like a lot of fun on there, congratulations

Jill Lau said...

I love the picture of all of you together with your serious faces. All three girls look just like you...maybe it's the green mask!! Very cute!

dtravelbug said...

Love this!!!

Marci Dawn said...

This is one of the most darling blog posts I have ever seen. I love it!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

No fair Emily you were peeking through the holes in your cucumber slices. Ha! Ha! cute.