Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keep Out (but thanks for coming!)

We've had an extra two-year-old (our niece) for 9 days, and she's wonderful, but Olivia was feeling a little overwhelmed with little kids in her room.  Her solution:
 A cardboard bedroom door gate, complete with rules and warnings.
My favorite:  "Children under 3 may not come in without a human being 3 or older."  (She said later that she wished she had realized that meant Bella could bring the two younger ones trooping in, and she would have changed it to "4 or older".)

 The gate was easily opened, but she made it clear she wanted it replaced when you were safely inside.
 And here's the other side.  As you leave, you find yourself told "Come back soon!  We loved having you!"  (I'm sorry I can't orient this picture correctly.  Every so often I find myself with a stubbon picture that thinks it should be turned one way when I want it turned the other.)
So there you go--don't come in, but if you do, we're happy to have you.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm chuckling to myself. My personal favorite is "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". She was very obviously feeling overwhelmed. hahaha

Elizabeth Reid said...

I love this post! Now if only three and under children could read, then I'm sure her sign would be properly obeyed.